Bursting with Benefits Banana Bread
You know that saying “The best thing since sliced bread” well, sliced Banana Bread is exactly that, and more. Made from simple, clean ingredients and free from refined sugars, each slice offers the texture of cake but with the added beneficial properties of bananas, good fats and the option of going completely wheat free. Sweet, moist and versatile this gorgeous loaf makes for a great dessert, snack or breakfast alternative. Give up treats? Over my bread body!
- 140g Flour (I used 70g coconut flour + 70g wholemeal)
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 TBSP Almond Milk or Cows Milk
- 60g Agave Syrup or your favourite unrefined alternative
- 2 TBSP Cacao Powder or a Serving of UP Chocotrients (or one of each)
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Vanilla Flavour
- A few squares of dark chocolate chopped into small pieces or dark choc chips
Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Simply chop the banana into small chunks and blend along with the agave, coconut oil and milk until smooth.
- Next, add this creamy mixture into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well. (Here you can carefully fold in dark chocolate)
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin and top with a few circles of chopped banana and a sprinkle of choc chips.
- Then bake on the middle shelf for 30-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Leave to cool and enjoy!
Images and recipe courtesy of Hollie Robinson, Lipstick and Lunges.
Want to know how Ultimate Performance can help with your nutrition and training? Get in touch.