Tender beef and soft, sweet potato are perfectly paired with fresh thyme, fennel and nutritious beef bone broth for a nourishing bowl of hearty stew.
Put your slow cooker to good use and take the hassle out of dinnertime with this cosy recipe. Take just five minutes to prepare your ingredients and then leave to cook during the day, for a delicious meal of stew when you get home.
- 400ml beef broth
- 250g lean casserole steak
- 300g sweet potato
- 100g carrot
- 50g parsnip
- 1 white onion
- 25g fennel
- 3 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- In a pan, brown the steak pieces on each side and then add to the slow cooker. You just want to sear the meat, not completely cook it, so 2 minutes total cooking time at most.
- Into the slow cooker, add all of your other ingredients.
- Ensure that everything is covered, and top up with a little water if not.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker, and set the timer for 8-10 hours on high.
- When you are ready to serve, reduce the heat setting to warm, 15 minutes prior to serving.
(Per serving) Calories: 357 Carbs: 50g Fat: 2.8g Protein: 33g