It’s no secret that the best feeling always comes after a workout; it’s a strong mixture of “nailed it” and “I’m so glad it’s over.”
Let’s face it…not everyone will be excited at the thought of becoming covered in sweat, feeling ‘the burn’ and being launched out of our comfort zones and into a deep squat.
There is however, no reason why we shouldn’t feel great heading into our workouts. Especially if we can give you a VERY good reason to appreciate the ‘before’ of stepping into the gym.
Proudly presenting – one of our favourite snacks to see you energised and fuelled pre-workout.
The Ultimate Pre-Workout Bliss Balls
- Each ball contains 87 cals, 4.4g fat, 9.9 carbs and 1.5 protein
- 140g Pitted Dates
- 70g Raw Cashew Nuts
- 2 Tablespoons Rolled Oats
- 20g Melted Coconut Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Shredded Coconut
- A Sprinkle of Dark chocolate Chips
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt (optional)
- Simply pop all of the ingredients into a blender except the dark chocolate chips and mix until well combined
- Scoop approximately 40g and roll into a ball, repeat this until you have 8-10 delicious bliss balls
- Eat right away (if you’re like us) or refrigerate for up to 7-10 days
Images and recipe courtesy of Hollie Robinson, Lipstick and Lunges.