With the official start of British Summertime just around the corner it is not an unusual sight to see the commencement of ‘quick fix diets’ and the standard seasonal rush to get into shape.
However if you’re reading this, than it is most probably because you’re looking for a flipping good pre-workout recipe to accompany your fitness regime and that is something we like to hear.
These can be used to satisfy those cravings for a sweet treat without throwing you off track, or if you feel that your workout has crêped up fast; these take just a few minutes and could get you pumped and ready to hit the gym in no time.
Now that the sun is making its ever-growing brief appearances, let’s keep up the clean eating and find a boost in the fluffy layers of deliciously good pancakes.
So, without any further waffling on, here is the ultimate protein pancake recipe.
Protein Banana Pancake Recipe:
Per Portion With Protein Powder: Calories 197 | Protein: 21.7 | Fat: 6.4 | Carbs: 15
Without Protein Powder (use 1 TBSP flour): Calories 146 | Protein: 7.5 | Fat: 6.3 | Carbs 17
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP wholemeal or coconut flour
- 40g Protein Powder (Optional boost)
- Coconut Oil
- Blend all of the ingredients together except the coconut oil to create a smooth mixture
- Next pour a teaspoon of coconut oil into a pan and warm a little on a moderate heat
- Add the mix and cook as you would normal pancakes (we use about 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake); this mix provides you with enough to make up to 5 pancakes so just increase ingredients to serve more than 2 people
- Flip the pancakes to cook both sides and remove from the heat when both sides are golden and the pancakes are cooked right through
- Pile it up!
Images and recipe courtesy of Hollie Robinson, Lipstick and Lunges.