Avocados have made it, whether they are crushed on toast and sprinkled with chilli flakes or attracting all of the limelight in a delicious guacamole they quite simply make a nutritious snack at any stage of the day.
Well it’s about time they had a makeover, a refreshing new favourite to break up the endless snaps of avocado toast that engulfs our news feeds all too often.
Presenting…these mouth-watering Buffalo Avocado Chips, which are quite literally everything you avo wanted…(it’s ok, with a few bites of these you’ll forget that pun ever existed.)
They are an incredibly popular ingredient amongst health and fitness lovers everywhere, if not for their versatile nature but for their abundant list of nutrients, healthy fats and low carbs when compared to any other fruit.
And if you still haven’t found yourself hooked on the avocado, this one might just be a game changer. The baked texture and combination of great flavours make this dish like never before.
Just remember, as good as they taste, it is still a case of moderation, so rustle these up at the next BBQ and share them around.
Buffalo Avocado Chips
Macros per ½ serving: 216 Cals | 12.2g Fat | 7.7 Protein | 17.9 Carbs
- 1 Avocado, pitted and cut into slices
- 2 TBSP Flour
- ½ TSP Paprika
- ½ TSP Cajun
- ½ TSP Mixed Herbs
- ¼ TSP Black Pepper
- 20g Grated Parmesan
- 1 EGG
- 2 Slices of Bread or 1 Cup of Bread Crumbs
- 100g Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 TSP Fresh or dried Rosemary
- ½ TSP Chilli Flakes
- A Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180d and line a cooking tray with tin foil.
- If using bread, simply grate the bread to form small crumbs, you could opt for gluten free bread here.
- Next add the Parmesan, Cajun, paprika, herbs and pepper to the breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- You will now need to grab two other bowls: in one add the flour and in the second lightly beat the egg.
- Now roll each avocado slice into the plain flour, then dip them into the egg and finally roll them into the flavoured breadcrumbs until well coated.
- Pop the buffalo avocado slices onto the baking tray and into the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- As the buffalo chips are baking, mix together all of the dip ingredients, if you’re one for a little bit of spice try adding in a few drops of Sriracha Chilli Sauce too.
Images and recipe courtesy of Hollie Robinson, Lipstick and Lunges.