Sauerkraut is a probiotic food with reported benefits for the gut and digestive system, thanks to the presence of ‘good’ bacteria such as Lactobacillus.
Sauerkraut pairs perfectly with beef. This recipe combines it with high protein lean steak and eggs, grilled tomatoes and greens. It’s a great choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner – this meal can be prepared in as little as 10 minutes.
- 120g rump steak
- 50g sauerkraut
- 2 round tomatoes
- 50g rocket
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Season your steak with black pepper and leave at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the white wine vinegar.
- Reduce to a gentle simmer and crack your eggs into the pan. Leave for 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a griddle and add your steak. Sear on both sides and then place in the oven to finish to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest on a chopping board.
- Top and tail your tomatoes, and season with sea salt, black pepper and the thyme.
- Add to the hot griddle pan and cook on the hob for 5 minutes, flipping half way.
- Remove your eggs from the pan and begin to build your plate.
- Slice your steak into strips and serve with the poached eggs, griddled tomatoes and a side of sauerkraut and rocket.
Calories: 348 Carbs: 10g Fat: 16g Protein: 41g