Coconut and raspberry are a match made in heaven.
We’ve matched raspberry whey protein with subtle coconut flour and a topping of ricotta, shredded coconut and fresh berries; reminiscent of a creamy cheesecake. Strawberry protein works just as well with this tasty recipe. These pancakes are so light and a little fluffy, but they are packed with protein and they’re also gluten free.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop of raspberry whey protein (25g)
- pinch of baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 50g fresh raspberries
- 100g ricotta
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- Optional but delicious: scrape the seeds from a vanilla pod, to add to the ricotta topping.
- Mash the banana with a fork and mix with the beaten egg, raspberry protein and 50g of Greek yoghurt.
- Whisk together with the coconut flour and baking powder. Take half of the raspberries, slice in half and add to the mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan and use one small ladle of batter per pancake. This mix will easily make large or small pancakes, so it’s up to you how you cook them.
- Cook for two minutes on one side and then flip to cook the other side until golden brown.
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining 50g of Greek yoghurt with the ricotta and remaining raspberries.
- Top the pancakes with the mixture and sprinkle over the coconut.
Serves 2, per serve:
Calories: 280 Carbs: 21g Fat: 11g Protein: 24g