Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic dish that everyone loves.
Delicious and easy to make, these meatballs are created with lean beef mince and they’re packed full of flavours. Served with spiralised courgette in place of spaghetti, this low-carb dish is sure to become a firm favourite.
- 130g lean beef mince (5% fat)
- ¼ white onion, finely diced
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 chopped gherkins/pickles
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp basil
- Small bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 courgette, spiralised
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 10g parmesan shavings
- 30g red pesto
- 100g spinach
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine the beef mince in a bowl with the egg, onion, garlic, gherkins, mustard and herbs and spices.
- Mix well and shape into small balls with your hands.
- Line a baking tray with parchment, and bake for 20 minutes at 180C.
- In a hot pan, add the pesto, tomatoes and 1 tbsp of water. Simmer for two minutes and add the courgette. Stir well and cook for five minutes.
- Season, finishing with parsley and parmesan shavings.
- Top with spinach and the cooked meatballs.
Calories: 320 Carbs: 11.5g Fat: 17.3g Protein: 40.9g
Top Tip: These meatballs are absolutely delicious with a variety of flavour combinations – try a fresh homemade tomato sauce and a crumbling of feta or blue cheese.
Are you already making positive changes to your diet and lifestyle? If you’d like help to make faster progress and achieve incredible results of your own, get in touch below and find out how we can help.