This guacamole recipe is a tasty, nutritious treat.
It’s packed full of punchy flavours and is a good source of fibre and healthy fats. Avocado can be a little bland on its own, but this recipe brings a little citrus and spice to add a lot of flavour to any dish.
It takes less than five minutes to whip up a fresh batch and then you can store it in the fridge as a go-to whenever you fancy a little avocado with your dinner!
Tip: The addition of lime juice should help to prevent the avocado from turning brown quickly, but keep covered or sealed in an airtight container to help keep your guacamole fresh.
Makes 6 servings:
Calories: 111 Carbs: 6.2g Protein: 1.5g Fat: 8.9g
- 2 avocados
- 6 x plum cherry tomatoes
- 10g fresh coriander
- red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chipotle flakes (Optional)
- Take the avocados, remove the skin and stone, and dice into chunks.
- Slice the tomatoes into halves and roughly chop the coriander and red onion.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend for 30 seconds or until the guacamole is relatively smooth.
- Season to taste and enjoy.
- Store in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight sealed container.
This recipe is delicious by itself but it’s extra special with some crunchy crudites or paired with our lean beef chocolate chilli recipe.