Whether it’s your Christmas dinner or Boxing Day buffet, there’s always a selection of appetisers, sides and finger food to fill your belly with during the festive season.
To avoid piling on the pounds and undoing all the hard work you’ve put in, try to stick to foods familiar to your diet, when faced with a lot of tasty choices.
Protein and vegetables are ideal, so why not bring these stuffed chicken thighs along to the party and have a go-to clean eating festive option that everyone will love.
This recipe uses our healthy quinoa and mushroom stuffing recipe, which you can find here.
Once you’ve made your stuffing, simply follow the instructions below and you’ll have a delicious high protein menu option that comes with all the essential amino acids too. Winner winner, chicken dinner.
Serves 3, Per serving:
Calories: 398 Carbs: 12g Fat: 18g Protein: 47g
- 200g mushroom and quinoa stuffing mix (roughly 1 batch)
- 6 free-range chicken thighs – skinless and boneless
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 tbsp thyme – freshly picked or dried
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Open up the chicken thigh and line with a heaped tablespoon of the stuffing mix.
- Fold the chicken thigh back over.
- Pour over the orange juice and sprinkle over the thyme.
- Season and roast in the oven at 170 degrees for 25 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through and piping hot in the middle – the stuffing can increase the cooking time depending on how generous you’ve been.
- Remove from oven and serve with roasted butternut squash and steamed kale.