These sweet potato hash browns are a delicious alternative to the regular, deep-fried variety.
They take just 10 minutes to make and pair beautifully with poached eggs or smashed avocado. Simply prepare your mix, heat up a pan and get cooking.
- 150g sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 white onion, peeled and shredded
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- freshly chopped chives
- Pat the grated sweet potato dry, and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the diced onion, finely chopped garlic, cumin, salt and pepper, and combine well.
- Add the beaten egg and flour and mix well.
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a heaped tablespoon of the mixture. Add to the pan and press down with the back of the spoon to shape into small, thin ‘patties’.
- Cook for five minutes on each side, flipping twice until they are golden brown all over.
Serving suggestion – top with fresh chives and poached eggs.
(Served with two poached eggs)
Calories: 452 Carbs: 45g Fats: 20g Protein: 23g