It can be difficult to source good-quality protein when following a vegetarian diet, but tofu is a great place to start.
This recipe is vegan-friendly, but would make a fantastic addition to any diet, being packed with different vegetables and full of flavours. It’s a quick and easy stir-fry that will use up any leftover vegetables too.
- 100g shiitake mushrooms
- 100g beansprouts
- 50g sugar snap peas
- 50g broccoli
- 30g edamame beans
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 150g tofu, diced
- 100g mixed vegetables – carrots, cabbage, red onion
- Mix together the ginger paste, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds and sesame oil.
- Add the diced tofu to the mix and cover well. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of thirty minutes, to marinade.
- Add the tofu to a pan and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add the vegetables and edamame beans and stir fry all together for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh coriander and sliced red chilli.
Calories: 501 Carbs: 15g Fat: 32g Protein: 38.4g
If you want help creating a nutrition plan that will get you incredible results, speak to us about one of our Personal Training programmes.