Salads have a reputation for being bland, boring and tasteless – our salad is different.
Fresh, juicy fillet steak pairs perfectly with sharp blue cheese, sweet red onions and earthy walnuts. The crisp grilled pear finishes this dish off with a subtle sweetness that cuts through the blue cheese. (If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, switch out for feta.)
Fillet steak provides the lion’s share of protein in this recipe, so feel free to add a bigger portion if you’d like more protein in your meal. Blue cheese is great if you’re on a diet because a little goes a long way and you get a lot of flavour from such a small amount. The addition of crushed walnuts provides a source of polyunsaturated fats too.
- 120g fillet steak, sliced
- 35g red onion, sliced
- 25g blue cheese
- 1/2 conference pear
- 20g walnuts
- 150g mixed leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 round tomato
- 75g purple sprouting broccoli
- Heat the balsamic vinegar in a pan and add the sliced red onions and broccoli.
- Next, add the sliced pear and fillet steak. Season with black pepper and sea salt and remove from the pan once you have cooked it to your preference.
- Add the salad leaves to a plate with the tomato quarters and top with the cooked red onion, pear slices, and steak.
- Crumble over the blue cheese and crushed walnuts and serve topped with fresh parsley.
Calories: 490 Carbs: 10.3g Fat: 30.8g Protein: 42.8g
If you want help creating a nutrition plan that will get you incredible results, speak to us about one of our Personal Training programmes.