There are three reasons why you’ll love this recipe for crispy ‘fried’ chicken.
First, this chicken tastes just as delicious as your favourite fried chicken cheat meal – only this recipe isn’t deep fried but baked, keeping the fat content lower.
Secondly, you can make a batch of this chicken with little effort and without breaking the bank. All of the ingredients you need for this recipe come to under £5 and then you have all of the seasoning you need to make this recipe at least 10 more times – tasty and thrifty!
Finally, this is a perfect dish for when you really need a break from your regular chicken breast. Perhaps you are craving a ‘cheat meal’ or you want a tasty change from eating plain chicken breasts every day. This recipe hits impressive macros and looks seriously appetising – even if you’re not on a diet.
Give this recipe a try and enjoy succulent ‘fried’ chicken that is both crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- 500g Free-range chicken thighs
- 50g rice flour
- 10g onion salt
- 5g garlic powder
- 5g smoked paprika
- 5g white pepper
- 2g black pepper
- 1 egg*
*This amount has been halved when calculating the macros for this recipe because you will only use half of the mix when preparing your chicken.
- Take your chicken thighs and trim off any excess fat.
- Whisk your egg in a bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the rice flour with all of the seasonings.
- Take your chicken thighs and dip them in the egg mix one at a time.
- Place the coated chicken thighs into the mixing bowl with the seasoning blend and completely coat each piece.
- Place on a lined baking tray and season with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the chicken thighs are golden brown. Flip them half way through the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before serving with sweet potato fries and homemade ketchup.
Calories: 353.4 Carbs: 14.7g Fat: 17.8g Protein: 33.6g