This is a fresh and spicy salmon salad, rich in flavour and packed with beneficial omega 3 fatty acids.
This salmon salad has quite the kick; from the sweet and spicy red jalapenos and the flavoursome harissa paste. Harissa paste is a great go-to when you’re looking to spice up your meats, most commonly made from roasted red peppers, chilli, garlic and a little olive oil with various seasonings.
Tip: Try mixing 1 tsp of harissa paste with 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt for a simple but delicious marinade for chicken and turkey, or as a spicy dip with baked sweet potato wedges.
You can add any extra vegetables to this salad should you wish, however, this basic recipe is a great place to start and very easy to make.
- 140g salmon fillet
- 30g feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp jalapenos
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 10g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 20g red onion, finely sliced
- 50g red pepper, sliced
- Wedge of lemon, to serve
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper and add the salmon fillet.
- Spread over the harissa paste and top with half of the crumbled feta and jalapenos.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, at 170C.
- In bowl, add the salad leaves and pour over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and add the pepper, red onion sliced and remaining feta.
- Mix well and serve.
- Top with the salmon fillet, squeeze over the juice from the lemon wedge and sprinkle over the chopped fresh parsley.
Calories: 480 Carbs: 3g Fat: 35g Protein: 38.2g