Chimichurri is a delicious herby dressing that is punchy and rich in healthy fats.
It's a low carb sauce that compliments a tender fillet steak perfectly. This recipe takes just five minutes to prepare in a blender and will definitely impress. You can make a big batch and store in the fridge for up to five days, to add some serious flavour to your meal prep in seconds.
- 2 x 150g fillet steak
- 15g parsley
- 15g coriander
- 35ml extra virgin olive oil
- 15ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 10 vine tomatoes
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 100g peas
- 100g spinach
- 2 flat mushrooms
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the steak, into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Sear your steak on all sides in a hot pan.
- Place in the oven at 160C and cook for 5-6 minutes (rare), 7-8 minutes (medium) or 10 minutes (well done). Make sure your oven is at the right temperature otherwise cooking times may vary, but you can check on your steak if you wish.
- Remove steak from the oven and let it rest for five minutes.
- In the meantime, roast your flat mushrooms and tomatoes with a little salt and pepper.
- Steam your broccoli, peas and spinach and serve with the steak, topped with chimichurri dressing.
Serves 2, per serving:
Calories: 440 Carbs: 4.5g Fat: 24.5g Protein: 50.4g