A simple and delicious healthier ice cream recipe, that you can throw together in five minutes and contains 25g of protein per serve.
The ice cream itself is made from just three basic ingredients:
- Frozen banana
- Fat-free yoghurt
- Whey protein
These ingredients are blended together to create a smooth, creamy ice cream that you can top with whatever flavours you like.
You can use any flavour of whey protein to create a variety of ice creams – chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and even toffee! This recipe uses a banoffee flavoured protein powder and is topped with a drizzle of melted peanut butter, and a few toasted macadamia nuts. These toppings add healthy fat content to this recipe, but the ice cream recipe itself is low fat-friendly.
- 225g frozen sliced banana
- 100g Greek yoghurt (Fage Total 0%)
- 37.5g (1.5 servings) whey protein, banana/banoffee flavour
- 20g natural peanut butter, melted
- 10g toasted macadamia nuts
- Pinch of peanut flour to decorate (optional)
- In a blender, mix together the frozen banana, Greek yoghurt and whey protein.
- Pulse until a smooth consistency, then pour into a sundae dish or serving bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter and drizzle over the top.
- Top with toasted macadamia nuts and a pinch of peanut flour.
Serves 2, Per Serve:
Calories: 310 Carbs: 30g Fat: 10g Protein: 25g
If you decide you want to use your own toppings, instead of peanut butter, you can use the following macros for the base and add whatever you like.
Macros for the ice cream base, serves 2, per serve:
Calories: 213 Carbs: 29g Fat: 1.4g Protein: 21g