Don’t be tempted to cheat when you’re pushed for time – whip up this low-carb omelette instead.
You can make this omelette in minimal time and with just a few basic ingredients that all pack a punch. Tangy goats’ cheese pairs perfectly with punchy pesto, so you will get strong flavours from just a small portion of each.
Feel good knowing that you’re getting a big portion of greens on your plate along with 35g of protein.
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 30g goats’ cheese
- 50g asparagus tips, halved
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g kale, chopped
- 1/4 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp pesto
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt and black pepper
- In a jug or bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites together and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the kale and asparagus, and gently fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the tomato halves and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour over the egg mix and allow to cook for 2 minutes, so that the bottom sets but the top is still quite runny.
- Break up the goats’ cheese into small pieces, and scatter over the top of the omelette.
- Sprinkle over the fresh thyme leaves and place under a hot grill to finish for 3-4 minutes, until the omelette is fluffy and golden brown.
- Top with pesto and serve.
Calories: 456 Carbs: 7g Fat: 32g Protein: 35g