This recipe is perfect when you’re craving something quick and easy (and a bit naughty!) from the takeaway on a Friday night.
You can even use up any left-over cooked chicken and rice from the week or simply add it to your meal-prep repertoire.
My chicken fried rice is packed full of protein and has a good balance of slow release carbs too.
This recipe uses my sesame marinade for the chicken which can be found here.
Here’s the recipe for this healthy one-pan wonder.
Calories: 430 calories Carbs: 29.8g Protein: 42.5g Fats: 14.3g
- 2 x Corn-fed chicken breast (in sesame marinade*)
- 2 x Eggs
- 150g Cooked brown rice (uncooked weight 75g)
- 2 Spring onions
- ½ tsp Garlic powder/ 1 clove of garlic grated
- 10ml of Sesame oil
- 100g of Petit pois/garden peas
- 1 x Red pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper
I like to serve mine with stir-fry green vegetables but you can choose whatever you prefer.
*It isn’t essential to marinade the chicken but it will add a real extra depth of flavour that you don’t want to miss out on.
- Cook your brown rice and drain.
- At the same time, roast your marinaded chicken in the oven at 170 degrees celsius for 25 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the spring onions, diced pepper and garlic and gently sauté.
- Pull apart your chicken and add to the pan.
- Add the cooked, drained rice and stir – keeping the heat low. Season.
- Push the mixed rice to one side of the wok and crack your three eggs into the remaining space.
- Allow the whites to cook as though making an omelette, then stir into the mixture to separate like scrambled eggs.
- Season again and add the peas.
- Once the peas are cooked you can serve and enjoy!
If you are ready to transform your physique in 2017, speak to us about our UP Personal Training plans.
If you don’t live near a UP gym you can still get in the best shape of your life with one of our UP Online Personal Training plans from anywhere in the world.
Liked This? Read these…
‘The 6 Golden Nutrition Rules You Need To Survive Christmas’
‘Dad Bod to Grecian God: Tom’s Transformation Story’